Thursday, April 5, 2007

Busy, Busy Angel

DH and I went wig shopping today. He found a trash can half full of my hair this morning, 'cause I keep pulling it out, so he decided to take a vacation day and go wig shopping with me.

First shop I went to, lady was a talker. We were there for an hour, and I only tried on 4 wigs.
As you may have suspected, I have a Big Head. This apparently drastically lowers the number of wigs available to me. To like, three. None of which I liked. One of them made me look like Louise Mandrell. The others, like Sandy Duncan or Reba. Bleuagh. Now, I can apparently have an average size wig made into a large wig for $100 extra. Plus it takes 8-9 weeks. So, no thanks.
Bought a cheapie one at the second wig place we visited to wear to church on Sunday. Third place had 1 I kind of liked, but it was$129, and I didn't want to spend that much on something I just kind of liked.
I hope to go on Monday with my friend Mindy to the other 4 shops I didn't get to today.

The hair continues to fall out, so when DD1 came home, I put a chair out in the front lawn, handed her a pair of scissors, and told her to go to town. So she cut my hair while DD2 took pictures. DD2 got to cut a little bit, too, but then she wanted to go back inside and watch TV.
I'll go get it shaved tomorrow...

2 comments:

becky marshall said...

God surely has favor on someone who can make cancer hair loss so much fun! Your kids are blessed to have a cool mom like you who can hand them the sissors.

Anonymous said...

The side actually looks really cute. Maybe a future hairdresser there! Miss Shapen