Saturday, April 21, 2007

Today

got up, did a load of laundry, tidied the kitchen a bit. rested.
went to a mother-daughter luncheon with DD1. we left early, but we made it about an hour, which is pretty good.
came home and lay down, which i've been doing pretty much the rest of the day.
felt like broccoli with oyster sauce for supper:
me: i'd like beef with broccoli, no, i mean, broccoli with oyster sauce
order guy on phone: beef with lobster sauce?
me: no, broc-co-li-with-oy-s-ter-sauce.
OGOP: broccoli with lobster sauce?
me: no, V-4, broccoli with oyster sauce.
OGOP: B-4?
Me: no, Veeee 4, like Valentine.
OGOP: oh, ok.

It will not surprise you to learn that DH got his moo goo gai pan ok, and the girls got their sweet and sour chicken just fine, but i, who was the impetus for us eating Chinese food in the first place, got BEEEE-4, Beef with Snow Peas. Chemo Girl, however, didn't WANT Beef with Snow Peas. Chemo Girl just wanted broccoli. With oyster sauce. So, tho DH urged me to just eat some of his, I called them back, and after much Asian berating in the background, they finally figured out what I wanted, and the poor delivery guy had to come all the way out to our house again with the correct food.
Of course, either due to my metallic-tasting mouth, or the haste in which it had been prepared, it just didn't taste right.
I still ate about 7 pieces of it, tho.

No comments: