Wednesday, April 11, 2007

Tuesday

Dropped DD2 off at school, and then went to tour a Christian school that we're considering for DD2 next year. Nice school, nice people, however, my friend Deanna helped me realize (since I am math challenged) that since the school is 17.2 miles away from my house, i would be making 2 round trips there 5 times a week. Which is 68.8 miles a day, and 344 miles a week, and 1376 a month, if there are 4 weeks in that month. I get about 20 miles to the gallon, so that would be about 68 gallons of gas burned a month, and would add, if we factor in gas at $2.69/gallon, about $185 to the cost of tuition. Plus, as my dad would say, wear and tear on the car. So, unless we move closer or the cost of gas plummets, I don't think we're going to keep that school on the list of finalists.
Then I went to the Y to meet with a personal trainer (see previous post about healthy eating and exercise being my only options to keep a recurrence at bay). cute little 24-year-old guy. apparently the new thinking in training is that it has to be posture-based before u move on to resistance training. so you have to do these stretches and exercises to stretch out the muscles that get all knotted from doing the stuff you do all day. anyway, he said i had the best posture of anyone he'd tested so far. :D
then went to Sweet Tomatoes for lunch, checking for moving objects on the plate as a matter of course, and then went wig shopping again. which was a bootless inquisition (see previous post about my Big Ole Head). 1st place didn't have anything cute in my size, 2nd place was closed, and then i ran out of time and had to go pick up DD2.
DD2 and I came home, I checked email, and then packed her suitcase, DD1's suitcase, and my suitcase, fed the cats and fish, turned on some lights, and then packed up the car and dropped off DD2 at the Fabulous Jennifer's house. This girl barely knows me, but ever since I got diagnosed, she has been ever ready to help out. Her daughter -- truly a beautiful child inside and out -- is in DD2's class, and they live just down the street. Then dropped off DD1's suitcase at my friend Deanna's house. Deanna picked up her daughters and DD1 at school.
All of this because! DH and I got to spend the night last night at a hotel!
he had a meeting there at SIX THIRTY THIS MORNING, so he decided that it would be funner to spend the night there with me, rather than getting up at 5 and driving from home. it was fabulous. we rested for a while in the room and chatted, then went downstairs and ate. we shared a mediterranean appetizer, and he had some soup, and i had a lobster cake. then, the plan was, we would order room service dessert. but we went back, watched the last part of "House" and fell asleep during Fox News at 9. Like, the first part. 9:10, tops. woke up at three to turn off the lights and take off the contacts and go back to sleep.

No comments: