Friday, July 6, 2007

A New One

I thought I'd seen it all. I was wrong.
Got a letter today from Ingenix Subrogation Services. Apparently, my poor insurance company, after years of no claims from us at all, is desperately trying to find someone else to pay for the barrage of breast cancer treatment bills. Early on in the process, we got a letter from them asking hopefully, "Is Terri covered by any other insurance?"
Now we get this letter from Ingenix that says, "Were you injured in an accident? Did someone else cause the accident? That person may be responsible for the cost of the medical caare you received. We try to recover the costs of the medical care from that person and pay back your medical plan."
They enclosed a form which I have to fill out and return. The form has questions like, "Was treatment due to an auto accident? Medical malpractice? Work accident or injury? Was a police report made? Did you hire an attorney to represent you?"
Nice try, United Healthcare. I don't think anyone caused my breast cancer.

No comments: