Friday, July 20, 2007

Friday

The used uniform sale at DD2's school was this morning at 9. Each used uniform has an envelope attached to it with the seller's name and the price (e.g. $4), so what you are supposed to do is pick out the uniforms you want, and then put cash in the respective envelopes and turn the envelopes in.
This would require having lots of 5s and 1s. Which would require going to the bank yesterday. Which I didn't.
So, this morning the DDs and I went to the ATM, which cheerfully dispensed some 20s. Then we went to the grocery store, and each DD bought a Lunchable with a $20 and gave me the change. Then we went to the donut shop, and each DD bought a kolache and milk with a $20 and gave me the change.
I dropped the DDs off at Deanna's house, and went on to the sale. It wasn't quite the madhouse I had anticipated, and they didn't have a ton of jumpers in the style and size that DD2 needs, but I got some shirts, 2 Friday shirts, 3 jumpers and 2 skorts. They had a new uniform sale, too, so I bought 2 new jumpers and a Field Shirt (not sure what that is, but she needed it). The nice lady who helped me filled out the sales slip by hand so I wouldn't have to wait in line to check out, as the checkout line was moving nowhere fast.
Then went to Barnes and Noble and got a wristband for the Harry Potter book sale tonight. Deanna and I are in the 4th group, so the lady said we'd probably get to buy our book by 12:30.
Went to Jason's and ate a bowl of broccoli cheese soup. Was still hungry. Went back up to the counter and bought a cup of tomato basil soup.
Came home and rested.

1 comment:

Danielle said...

Sounds like your daughter's school requires a lot of clothes! Last year Caleb went to a school in Philly that had uniforms, but it was very simple - no special clothes for special days or any of that.