Friday, July 6, 2007

Thursday

Lazed around in the morning, ate lunch at home, then went to the carousel mall, as part of the negotiation that I brokered on Tuesday when we went to the painting mall, despite DD1's expressed wishes.
We have a ton of tokens for the carousel, so the girls rode 4 times straight while I ate a little greek salad and read a book. (still "Quentins" by Maeve Binchy). Went to Target -- one of the anchors of the mall -- and then left. Carousel was closed for lunch, much to their chagrin.
DD2 went to her friend Nicholas' house to play, and DD1 was lonely, so we called those crazy Rosskey boys, who invited her over to play, as the prospect of coming over here and playing Barbies did not appeal.
I went to pick up DD1 around 5:30, and 3 or 4 parents were sitting out on the driveway, chatting while all the kids played. They live on a cul-de-sac, so they can do this. Apparently they sit out there every day from 4 to 6. To say I am envious doesn't even begin to express it. We live on one of the main drags of the subdivision and people speed on our street all the time, so it'd more of an iffy proposition to sit on our driveway. Anyway, I sat with them a few minutes and chatted. I'd brought Bella the Pooping Machine with me, so all the kids got a chance to hold the puppy. Of course I got bitten by forty squillion mosquitoes while I was out there, but I didn't care.
Heated up a readymade meal from Super Suppers that Renee had dropped by a few weeks ago -- Pecan Praline Chicken. Yummy.
Nicholas' mom dropped by a piece of cake that she and DD2 had made together that afternoon. Poor DD2 only got 1/4 of it, as we all wanted to share with her.

No comments: