Thursday, July 26, 2007

Insert Wiity Title Here

Took a nap yesterday morning, and then the girls and I went to see Surf's Up at Katy Mills mall. The movie was ok. Instead of a straight narrative, the movie's conceit was that it was about a documentary crew filming a movie about a famous penguin surfer. DD1 didn't like the documentary part of it. I didn't like the occasional inappropriate line, e.g. Chicken Joe says, "He's around here somewhere, I can feel it in my nuggets." Really? You thought that was an appropriate thing for a children's movie?
Came back to our side of town for DD2's OT appointment. The thing about that is, the appointment is 30 minutes long now. (Thanks, United Healthcare!) The OT place is 5 minutes from our house, but really, what are you going to do at home for 20 minutes? There aren't any fast food places around there, and there's not much to do in the waiting room...
Did the dishes and tidied the house a bit, as one of DH's objections to us getting a bigger house is that I don't keep this one clean...
Dropped the girls off at Barbara's house (Girls: YAY! Barbara's house!) and met Debbie at McCormick and Schmick, a seafood restaurant near her work. I'd never been there and always wanted to go. Turns out it is an Expensive Restaurant, like, average of $20 for an entree. So we split an appetizer and an entree.
Then we went to the movie theatre to see Hairspray, and yes, though I had just eaten, I still bought popcorn and a drink. Luckily, I have friends who willingly join me in my freakiness.
Me: I'm going to get popcorn and a drink.
Debbie: Me, too!
So we each got a "small" drink (24 oz, at least) and shared a medium popcorn.
The movie was cute. Very infectious songs.

No comments: