Friday, August 31, 2007

A Crappy Day

Get the girls to school, then check email and surf. Around 9:45, I get up from the computer to go finish putting on my makeup, and drop off DD2's lunch and go to rads, and then see "Becoming Jane" with my good friend Deanna. I cross into DH's man cave on my way to the kitchen, and smell cat poop. Sure enough, Winston has left some liqueous deposits.
Sigh.
So, I go get the handheld wet vac and clean it up. The puppy thinks this is great fun. She is biting the cord, barking at the machine, the whole bit.
I put the machine away, wash my hands, and go to the bedroom to finally put on my makeup. I smell something, and at first I think it's just puppy gas, but no! She has left two large liqeous deposits in the bedroom. According to DH, apparently she got a bag of stale brownies out of the trash can last night, and was eating them.
So, not five minutes after cleaning up cat poop, I am cleaning up puppy poop. I pick her up to put her in her room, and she leaves another deposit on the way to the bathroom.
But that is ok. Because I am going to go see a movie with Deanna. I have been looking forward to seeing this movie all week long. And I can't expect every day to be sunshine and poop free.
So, I wash my hands after cleaning up the puppy poop, and go back to my makeup mirror to finally put on my makeup. The phone rings, and I can see from the Caller ID it is DD2's school, and I think, "Oh, they're calling to make sure I'm bringing her lunch."
So I pick up, and it's the school nurse. And DD2 has just thrown up, and could I come pick her up and take her home?
Waaaaaaahhhhh! So, no movie, obviously.
I picked her up, and went to rads, where the receptionist watched her in the waiting room while I got zapped.
Went by Super Suppers [this place that makes food and freezes it, so all you have to do is stick it in the oven. They change their menu every month, and they put their food on sale the last day of the month] and picked up 5 entrees. Swung by home, shoved them in the garage freezer, and went to Panera for lunch, as DD2 said she was feeling ok. So I bought her some chicken noodle soup, and myself a classic cafe salad with greek dressing and pecans.
She took a few bites of her soup, but they didn't stay down for long, so we headed home. I guess I should be grateful she didn't complete the theme and have diarrhea.....

No comments: