Tuesday, August 28, 2007

First Rads


Today was DD1's first day of school. We dropped DD2 off at 7:55, and then went back home, where we were in no hurry to get out to the bus stop, because the bus is ALWAYS late the first day.
ha! ha! the bus was ON TIME. we almost missed it. we were just coming out of the house and we saw it at the stop, so DD1 had to run for the bus on her very first day of 2nd grade. i got a hurried pic on the steps of the bus.
Went to DD1's school and helped out in 1st grade, sorting school supplies, and making sure everyone had a green transportation sticker on.
Left school around 11, went to Panera for a salad: calssic cafe with greek salad dressing and a whole grain baguette. Went from there to my first rads appt.
Sat in the waiting room and read for half an hour. They call my name, and I go to the room labled "Female Dressing", which I think is a funny name. I strip to the waist, and put on a gown. I am momentarily stymied, because my gown has 3 arm holes, and I don't have 3 arms. I finally figure out it's a wraparound kind of a deal. Then I walk to the "Female Waiting" room and wait. When it's my turn, I go into the rads room and lie down on the table (they call it a "couch", but it's made of metal and flat, and doesn't feature any accent pillows, so i'm calling it a "table".) I put my left arm over my head, and then ensues much discussion between the two techs. They are not talking to me. I have nothing to do, and I get kind of bored, so after a few minutes, I look at my watch, which I wear on my right arm. It is twisted so that I can't see it, so I use my left arm to adjust it. This causes all sorts of consternation for the techs, as apparently I was Not Supposed To Move.
They finally get me in the right place, and leave the room. I can't tell you what happened next, as I fell asleep.
Whole visit: 90 minutes.
And yes, I was tired, but this may be due to:
1) I didn't get a lot of sleep the night before
2) I've started working out on a regular basis.
3) I'm 45 and I have small children.

No comments: