Thursday, August 9, 2007

Thursday

Woke up at 6:30 starving, but the girls didn't wake up till 8. Ate at the b'fast buffet, which! had one of those cool waffle machines, where you make your own waffles in the shape of Texas. Had a waffle and a banana. I'm normally a scrambled egg girl, but there were some scary scambled "eggs" in that buffet. Kind of watery and solid at the same time.
The girls played in the pool for half an hour, then we went to Emily's house for a couple of hours. We left her house at 1:47. It took us an hour to get out of the DFW metroplex. I was really tired so I had 3 cokes in a row, plus some bottles of water, so I had to stop for some potty breaks along the way, walking very carefully...
Got home close to 7. DH very happy to see us, as were the cats and dog.

So, last week, on the way to Dallas, I suddenly remember I'd forgotten to pack my Lasix, the water pill which keeps down the swelling in my feet. I call CVS and order a refill. They promise to call the onc. In the meantime, I go by the Coppell CVS and the pharmacist very nicely gives me 7 pills to tide me over. Fine. I ran out yesterday. So, on the way to Dallas, I call CVS again, and THE ONC HASN'T OKAYED THE REFILL. The pharmacist says she'll give them another call, and I call and leave a message saying if they don't want me to have the Lasix, please call me back so we can discuss alternate ways to keep the swelling in my feet down....
I call CVS today, and lo and behold, the prescription has been refilled, just as I'm getting into town.....

No comments: