Saturday, August 11, 2007

Saturday, er, that is, Friday

Took Bella TPM to the vet for her third round of shots. DH took the day off to spend with us, so he tagged along. Having DH around all day kept making me think it was Saturday all day. Not the Saturday of the party, but, you know, the first Saturday of the week....
Came home, and then Leon, my friend who lives in St. Louis who flew in for the party, came by, so we went to lunch at Ninfa's, as apparently good Mexican food is hard to come by in St. Louis. He is a single guy, so I warned him that our lives are not very exciting. And to prove the point, after lunch, we went to Costco! Woohoo! I just bought a fridge for the garage, so i at last have freezer and fridge space for the stuff at Costco. Plus I needed to buy stuff for the party.
Came home, loaded up the fridge and freezer, went to Party City for tablecloths and plates, and then came home and took a nap. Leon went to his hotel -we had offered him a couch, but i think he thought this house had enough sentient beings....
in the evening, we ate PeiWei, and then the girls watched Pokemon in the bedroom, and the guys and i watched "Hot Fuzz", which was cute, but gory at the most unexpected times. i started falling asleep towards the end.
leon left for his hotel, and i went to the bedroom to discover both girls asleep on our bed. i tried to scoot them aside, but nothing doing, so i slept in DD1's bed, and DG slept in DD2's bed.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

apparently good Mexican food is hard to come by in St. Louis

Oh, man, you have no idea. I was on a business trip there once, and went to a "Mexican" restaurant that seemed kind of nice. I ordered spinach enchiladas. What I got was flour tortillas (for enchiladas????) wrapped around canned spinach with plain tomato sauce on top. Seriously, not a single onion, bulb of garlic, pepper, or any other type of seasoning had ever touched this food. It was bland and HORRIBLE. Ninfa's was never my favorite, but it's downright authentic Mexican compared to what one can get in St. Louis.

Enjoy your party! I wish I could be there!