Monday, August 13, 2007

Monday

Tidied the kitchen so Digna could clean it.
(And uh, just a word for the wise. If you ever have a pool party, and there are a few devilled eggs left over? Don't be lazy and leave them in the van for 24 hours. Especially if it's August. Not that DH and i would ever be that stupid, of course... )
Then went to my radiologist appt. Whole thing took two hours. Lot of waiting, then answering questions from a nurse, then waiting for the dr, then answering his questions. He explained a bit about rads to me, most of which i already knew.
And another word to the wise. If you have a dr's appt? Don't take your kids, especially if they're talkative. i had one DD asking the dr how many webkinz his daughter had, and the other DD wanting everyone to play Simon Says.
So, after we chatted, i changed into a gown, and the dr took a sharpie and drew lines and Xs on my left breast.
then i got to go see the rads tech, who had me lie on this cushiony thing on an exam table. she molded the cushiony thing around me, and then i had to lie still with my left arm above my head for a while and the machine above me did something.
when i got to sit back up, the cushiony thing had turned hard and was basically molded to my shape.
i have to have a PET scan. i suggested Friday. she said that's too late. DH is taking wednesday off, since it is DD2's 1st day of k'garten, so i said Wednesday, around 10. We're going out to b'fast that day, and i've had a CAT scan, so i figured a PET scan must be like a CAT scan, right? a cat is a pet, after all...
so she calls and schedules me for 10 on Wednesday, and THEN she says I can't eat for 4 hours beforehand, and it'll take two hours. What? What is it with the medical professionals getting between me and my food? and? TWO HOURS? are you KIDDING me? am i going to have to lie still for two hours?
also, i am now officially a tattooed woman. they have to give you teeny little tattoos so they can line up the machine to the right spot or whatever.

after the rads appt, i rushed home, picked up my makeup and some black clothes, and swung by the drive thru for some food for the DDs and me, and then took off for Missouri City, Texas. the DDs and i, by God's grace, were getting our pictures taken for a BC Survivor Calendar that the local Susan G Komen foundation sponsors, and the photog lives and works in Missouri City.
(All the people in the pics wear black, and the pics are taken against a black background.) Took me an hour to get there, mostly because my Yahoo Map told me wrong.
Got our pics taken, chatted with the photog a while, and then headed home. Got lost again. Ended up in Sugarland. Called my friend Deanna, who has lived here all her life, and can get me home from anywhere.
Got home, cooked dinner, went to DD2's orientation. Was late, as parking lot was jam packed. Ended up making my own parking spot, as others had done before me...DD2 is a bit disappointed that there is no guinea pig in her classroom...

No comments: